When one starts to search teaching schools to attend the obvious reason is because they want to help young ones in the education process. However, there are personal benefits that can be gained from attending one of the teaching schools in your area.
By attending one of the teaching schools in your area to become a teacher, once you graduate and secure a teaching position, you will have:
- Job security
- A regular paycheck
- Summers off
- Work hours that are conducive to rearing your own family
- Time to pursue personal goals and hobbies
- An opportunity after three years of teaching to become an expert in your field of study
- More than average vacation time throughout the year
- No need for babysitters depending on the ages of your children
- The opportunity to enrich the lives of others by sharing your passion for teaching
- The opportunity to inspire others to greatness, impacting their lives forever
Attending one of the teaching schools in your area is a decision you will never regret. Becoming a teacher is a very serious commitment that requires hard work and dedication on your part. When attending one of the areas teaching schools the instructors will work hard to prepare you for this rewarding career. Being a teacher is not an easy job choice by any stretch of the imagination, this is why you will first need a love for teaching others and the want to help others to learn.
Even though there are many benefits that come along with a teaching career, some who had once aspired to become teachers have changed their course of study. The reason these ones are no longer attending teaching schools is due to the fact it is rumored that the pay for first time teachers is low. Therefore, they are opting for higher paying careers. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics disputes this by stating that the average salary for teacher positions in grades K-12 is from $47,040 - $52,500 yearly which is much higher than other occupations requiring a four-year degree. Therefore, a teaching salary is quite comparable and should be added as another benefit.